Giving yourself treats may sound self-indulgent or frivolous but it isn’t …Because losing weight and eating healthy, forming good habits can be draining, treats can play an important role in keeping us energized, cared for and feeling contented. This boosts our self-control and the confidence to maintain our healthy habits.
If you give more to yourself, you can ask more from yourself
When we do not get any treats, we begin to feel burnt out, depleted and resentful.You can only give, share, love and live productively with others from a place of contented fullness. It is therefore important that we nurture ourselves and practice good self-care.
Reward yourself for every accomplishment you achieve
It could be in a small way or a big way: either way, give yourself a pat on the back each step of the way to make you feel appreciated and acknowledged.Some benefits of rewarding yourself
- It keeps you motivated and takes away the dreary nature of daily mundane activities
You’ll be inclined to work harder because the benefits of your hard work are not only tangible but exciting! Self-reward serves as a reminder that hard work does indeed pay off.
- It makes you feel good. Your favourite treat can give you an instant mood lift! Treats can also help you to recharge your batteries and refresh yourself.
- If you don’t, who will?
Cultivate internal validation. Always affirm yourself and infuse yourself with love and hope. Never rely on anyone else to pat you on the back or give you appreciation and recognition. External validation either never comes, or comes wrapped in other people’s corrupted internal scripts.
Ways of rewarding yourself
- Have some me time, read a book, take a nap, listen to some music, watch your favourite series, or simply meditate to reflect and regroup.
- Pamper your body with a relaxing bubble bath, a massage, manicure, pedicure, body scrub or get a new haircut.
- Travel or go for an adventure, take a walk in nature, relax at the park, explore a museum or gallery, or go for a road trip.
- Have a new experience; learn a new language or skill like zumba, pilates, piano or dance.
- Buy yourself a beautiful keepsake or ornament with sentimental value, place it where you can see it every single day.
Go on – be good to you! Show YOU some love, already!
To learn more on how you can lose 10kilos in 30 days with HCG, visit our website or give a call Helen 0720643948 or Alexis 0763660325