8 ways You could be Sabotaging your Weight Loss
- Making your goals too big or too hard. Have you set your weight loss goal way too high in too short a time. Jumping on the scale all the time. The word impossible comes to mind. If so you are setting yourself up for disappointment and failure.
- You are desperate to put a time limit to your weight loss goals. Don’t look for instant gratification and don’t always go by what the scale registers because sometimes your weight will fluctuate or even stand still. But you will still be losing centimeters.
- Please don’t stress about results, stress increases the cortisol levels in the body and is not good for weight loss.
- If you are sticking to the program then everything will happen in due course and you will be rewarded with good results, of that there is no doubt.
- Make sure to get enough Sleep ..most people don’t realise the importance of enough sleep and there is a connection between sleep deprivation and diet failure. Those of you with young children will know that a lack of sleep causes children problems and it causes adults problems as well. When you are tired you are more likely to crave or eat junk foods.
- Many of us have grown up from childhood using food as a reward and if you achieve a weight loss goal you automatically think of celebrating and rewarding yourself.Please don’t do this as a treat or a cheat can throw you completely off track and cause weight loss stalls on your HCG weight loss journey, rather reward yourself with something nice looking like a massage, mani or pedi but NOT food.
- Get Rid of your Fear A lot of people say they are going to start a diet program and lose a lot of weight, then make excuses for why it didn’t happen. A lot of the time this comes down to fear. What are they afraid of ..being embarrassed, friends and family not being supportive, failure? Becoming more attractive and not knowing how to respond.
- Don’t just view your weight loss journey as temporary – realise you are choosing to make your body as well as your mind healthier and although you do not have to diet forever you do need to adopt a more healthy lifestyle, make healthier choices for long term maintenance of your weight loss.