Tips for the Festive Season
It’s year end functions coming up and we are all in Holiday Mode and are preparing for the Festive Season.
We definitely are all looking forward to celebrating as we have had quite the challenging year!!
Here are some guidelines to try and manage your weight during this time of the year.
Continue to eat regularly. Regular meals help to stabilise your blood sugar levels, making it easier to control how much you eat and to say no to too many tempting treats.
1. Eat Lighter meals during the day when you know you are going to a function in the evening.
2. Indulge in your favourite treat but have a smaller portion.
3. Load up on vegetables and salads, if your plate is full of veggies there is little space left for indulgent foods.
4. Share …sharing is caring ha ha an entirely overused phrase if you have small children, but it applies to maintaining your dietary goals over the festive season.
Do not be shy to share large portions of food with someone else who cares about their health and weight.
5. Create a cocktail glass, with a straw and one of those little paper umbrellas, with your favourite fruit pieces and sparkling water and no one will the any the wiser. An enormous amount of our calories come from drinks especially during the festive season. To reduce the number of calories add sparkling water to your wine and make a spritzer or have a whisky and soda, better still a gin and sugar free tonic, if you really feel like having an alcoholic drink.
6. Drink a glass of Water between every alcoholic drink.
7. Stay hydrated during our summer heat, it is most important to ensure that you continue drinking water at least 6 – 8 glasses per day. If you are drinking alcohol it is more likely that you will be more dehydrated than usual. Drinking water will keep you feeling healthy. Avoid all high sugary drinks.
8. It is really not advisable to drink alcohol if you are following the HCG Diet in order to lose weight, however if you do please rather follow our suggestions.
9. Choose sparkling water with some sliced lemon or mint, or other fruit infusions – this will keep your weight down and keep you hydrated at the same time.
10. Should you choose to indulge over Xmas, please do not make it a week long celebration, once you have had your indulgent foods and perhaps even a few drinks, do not let it continue for longer than a day or two and then get straight back on track!